Teaching Assistant Vacancies
Teaching Assistant Vacancies - Harbertonford
Due to internal staffing changes, we have the following positions to fill for January 2024
- 4 full days including a mealtime duty –to cover a staff secondment for the Spring term
- 4 full days plus 1 additional morning including Mealtime duty each day –1 day will be Fixed term working with a child on an EHCP with special needs in KS2. The other 3.5 days will be a permanent general TA position to support across the school, but mainly in KS1
- 4 full days plus 1 additional morning including Mealtime duty each day –Permanent position giving KS2 support
TA hours to be paid at NJC Grade C, £12.18ph with MTA hours paid at NJC Grade A £11.59ph
Required to join our successful and caring team at Harbertonford, these posts are to work across the school and may involve covering teachers’ timetabled PPA each week and providing general support for the learning of the classes under the direction of the teacher. You may also be required to (as and when necessary), cover classes when teachers are absent due to training and occasionally staff illness.
We are looking for someone with a strong, sensitive and caring approach to children’s needs, who is able to be an effective communicator and think creatively. You will need to show a high degree of initiative and be solution focussed.
We offer you the support of clear systems, protocols, expectations and structures to help you to succeed. You will need to show initiative, creativity and demonstrate the aptitude to work as part of a successful and growing team to improve the life chances of our pupils and make every child feel ‘special’.
Ideally, you will:
- Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills;
- Be able to build positive relationships with children, staff and parents;
- Have high expectations of children’s behaviour and be able to maintain consistent boundaries;
- Be willing to work as part of a team;
- Be energatic, positive and enthusiastic;
- Be able to use your own initiative when required;
You should have a good knowledge of phonics plus literacy and numeracy to GCSE A-C or equivalent. You would need to be flexible, as you will also be required to undertake the role of part time Meal Time Assistant.
What we can offer you:
- Salary Sacrifice offers, including Bike2Work, Tech Scheme and Gym Membership
- Substantial workplace pension
- Term time ‘Give Back Day’ to take for personal reasons
- Staff Wellbeing support
- CPD opportunities for all staff
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and online Social Media check.
To download an application form, please see the school websitehttps://www.harbertonford.thelink.academy/website/vacancies/393546Completed applications should be emailed direct to the Trust HR Operations Manager, Sue Howard firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30thNovember 2023 12noon
Interview date: w/c 4thDecember 2023